Thursday, June 13, 2019

June is Finally Spring and other Exciting Updates!

June Music Notes

  • I hope everyone is having a great summer so far! School is just about over, the sun is JUST about to come out, and we have some fun stuff to work on together! Please at least skim this e-mail as many of the questions I get every day in lessons and via text are answered here and on my website: www.faithslakermusic.com.
     
  • First of all--a BIG congratulations to Adara, Vivian, and Carrie for their recent high scores in the Royal Conservatory Assessment Program! Congratulations also to Vivian for her Third Place in the Illinois Music Association Competition. Well done, Pianists!!!!
     
  • My altered summer schedule begins Monday, June 24th. That's coming up! Let's talk if you have travel plans you haven't let me know about or conflicts coming up!
     
  • Please remember--No cell phones in lessons. I have been finding it very distracting and want to be able to give your child my full attention. Thank you so much!
     
  • If you're on Facebook, please follow FaithSlakerMusic for weekly updates as well as articles on parenting, music education, and events around Chicago!

Summer Studio Recital!
Click here for the full video of the entire recital. Everyone played beautifully and I'm so delighted to be able to share it with you!
The Last Book 1A Group Class of the School Year!
Pictured: Viviene, Vincent, Amy
Kabir gave a wonderfully musical performance last weekend and graduated from Suzuki Book 2. We're already excited to be working on new material and if you click here, you can see a video of his encore piece - Knight's Tale.
With summer just around the corner, and many of you having fun summer travel plans, I'd LOVE to see pictures of pianos around the world that you've been able to play! You can find them in hotels, in malls, in restaurants, and even on the streets! Keep your eyes open and make it a habit to play every piano you see! Send me pictures, or post them to the FaithSlaker Music Facebook page!
 
During the summer I am available for lessons more than once a week if you are interested in taking advantage of the time your child will have not being in school. Let me know and I'll put you guys on my list of students to contact when I have an opening!
 
Also, for those of you who haven't been regularly attending lessons, we're all working on a "Music in the Movies" recital for the fall term. Every student is looking to the movies to find inspiration. We're choosing pieces in the next week or so and we'll be working diligently all summer on these! This fall, everyone will play their movie music with images from their movie projected on screen behind the piano. I'm super exited!
UPCOMING FESTIVALS
 
ISMTA Competition:
     This one happens in October, so it is something to think on over the summer.
     For more information: https://ismta.org/ismtacompetitions
     I'd love to have my students participate. This is a newer one for me.
     It is open to all intermediate and above level students.
UPCOMING CALENDAR DATES
 
  • June 24th: Summer Schedule begins
  • June 29-July 7: Chicago Suzuki Institute: No Lessons
  • July 15: Fall Deposits and Fall Schedule Requests Due
  • August 19-September 2: No Lessons. Summer Break!
 
For more Calendar Dates, please see my website: www.faithslakermusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment